Slow Cooker Pineapple Orange BBQ Chicken
Just throw everything in the slow cooker and come home to a ready delicious meal!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed
- For the Pineapple Orange Barbecue Sauce:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup natural ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade (lower calories, use sugar-free)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce, optional, for additional heat
- To Thicken the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
Place the sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the sauce over. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Carefully pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan and bring it to a simmer. Pour in the cornstarch slurry, whisking continually until the sauce is thickened. Pour the sauce back over the chicken. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and your choice of veggies.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 1372mg | Potassium: 1120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 11.7mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.6mg