Spanish Deviled Eggs
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 24 deviled eggs
- 12 shelled hard-boiled eggs cut in half lengthwise ,yolks scooped out and set aside
- 4 ounces Spanish dry-cured chorizo ,finely diced
- 3 tablespoons Lindsay® Pimientos ,drained, patted dry and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Lindsay® Naturals Black or Green Olives ,rinsed, patted dry and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lindsay® Capers ,rinsed, patted dry and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika , for sprinkling
- Extra chopped parsley for sprinkling
Fry the chorizo in a pan over medium heat until crispy. Transfer to paper towels and blot dry.
Place the cooked egg yolks in a bowl with the pimientos, olives, capers, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mash and stir together until smooth.
Pipe the mixture into the egg halves, top with the crispy chorizo and sprinkle with smoked paprika and parsley. Serve immediately or store them in the fridge in an airtight container (to prevent browning) until ready to serve. Can be made a day ahead.
Calories: 76kcal | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 52mg | Vitamin A: 3.7% | Vitamin C: 2.2% | Calcium: 1.3% | Iron: 2.9%