Black Olive & Fig Tapenade with Roquefort
Get ready to absolutely WOW your guests with this delicious tapenade bursting with the flavors of southern France!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 16 one tablespoon servings
- 1 cup Lindsay® Naturals black olives , rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dried halved black mission figs
- 2 teaspoons Lindsay® capers , rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic , roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey (vegan: use sugar syrup or agave)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lindsay extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- Baguette sliced into rounds and lightly toasted , for serving (Gluten Free: Use GF bread or crackers)
- Small shards/shavings of Roquefort, gorgonzola or blue cheese , for serving (vegan: use blue cheese substitute such as "Sheesh")
- Fresh flat-leafed parsley , for garnish
Place the first ten ingredients in a food processor and pulse to finely chop. Add the oil and walnuts and pulse to form a chunky paste.
Spread the tapenade on the baguettes and top with the Roquefort or blue cheese and a tiny sprig of parsley for garnish.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 40mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.2mg