Curried Roasted Sweet Potato Soup with Tarragon
A delicious and soul-warming soup with a wonderfully creamy texture!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound sweet potatoes ,peeled and cut diced
- 3 cloves garlic ,peeled and halved
- 3 medium shallots ,peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups hot chicken stock (vegetarian/vegan: use vegetable broth)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (vegan/paleo: use cashew or almond milk)
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Peel, rinse and chop up the sweet potatoes.
Peel and either halve or quarter the shallots, depending on their size. Peel the garlic cloves and leave them whole.
Place the sweet potatoes, shallots and garlic cloves in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
Spread the vegetables out single-layer on a lined baking sheet.
Roast at 450 degrees F for about 25 minutes, flipping the veggies over after every 10 minutes or so, until browned.
Place the roasted veggies in a blender with the hot chicken stock and tarragon and puree until smooth.
Add the cream, curry powder, salt and pepper and blend until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 416mg | Potassium: 620mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 16380IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1.4mg