Blender Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Super delicious and nutritious, these fast and easy blender muffins are perfect for a quick snack or on-the-go breakfast! Made without flour, refined sugar or fat!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 large very ripe bananas the riper the better as they'll be sweeter and have far more flavor
- 1 1/2 cups traditional rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran or wheat bran
- (If gluten-free use oat bran)
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter optional and depending on which mix-ins you use
- 1/2 teaspoon quality pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or mix-in of your choice e.g., nuts, apples, cinnamon, blueberries, etc
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin (these muffins tend to really stick to liners)
Place all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a blender. Process for about a minute or until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the muffin tins just slightly more than 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Let the muffins sit in the muffin tins for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Best eaten once slightly cooled but still warm.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1.2mg