Blender Banana Oatmeal Bran Muffins
Made without flour, refined sugar or fat, these quick and easy muffins are healthy and delicious!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 large very ripe bananas the riper the better as they'll be sweeter and have far more flavor
- 1 1/2 cups traditional rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran or wheat bran
- (If gluten-free use oat bran)
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter optional and depending on which mix-ins you use
- 1/2 teaspoon quality pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or mix-in of your choice e.g., nuts, apples, cinnamon, blueberries, etc
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin (these muffins tend to really stick to liners)
Place all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a blender. Process for about a minute or until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the muffin tins just slightly more than 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Let the muffins sit in the muffin tins for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Best eaten once slightly cooled but still warm.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1.2mg