German Tomato Salad (Tomatensalat)
Refreshing and tasty, this tomato salad is a German classic!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh vine-ripened tomatoes diced
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or oil of choice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar paleo: substitute approved sweetener
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the tomatoes, onions and herbs in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the vinaigrette until emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette over the tomato salad and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour (or several hours) before serving.
Serve with crusty bread or sandwiches for light lunch or dinner or as a side with your choice of meats.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 447mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1655IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.7mg