Healthy Homemade Granola
Made with healthy oil and without refined sugar, this healthy homemade granola is easy to make and tastes fantastic!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 14 servings
- 4 cups traditional raw whole rolled oats (not quick or instant)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dried flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped or sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds ,unsalted
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup assorted dried fruit (e.g., apricots, raisins, cranberries, cherries, pineapple, dates, etc.)
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Place the oats in a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut flakes, nuts and seeds and stir to combine.
Place the honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute and remove from heat. Stir in almond extract if using.
Pour honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir until coated.
Spread the granola out on a large baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring every few minutes to prevent burning.
Let the granola cool completely then add the dried fruits and stir to combine.
Store in an airtight container. Keeps for about a week. Serve with milk and fresh berries if desired.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1.8mg