Chocolate Marzipan Truffles
Making your own marzipan from scratch couldn't be simpler. And then all that's left to do is dip them in chocolate and you have the most delicious chocolate marzipan truffles ever!
Servings: 20 truffles
- 8 ounces Easy Homemade Marzipan (click link for recipe)
- 6 ounces dark or milk chocolate, according to preference , chopped (use more if needed)
- 3 ounces white chocolate , chopped (use more if needed)
- Note: You can also use white chocolate as the base and use dark chocolate for the stripes
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil (optional, for a glossier chocolate coating)
Line a baking sheet (small enough to fit in the fridge) with wax paper.Chop the dark/milk chocolate into small pieces and place them in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 20-30 seconds at a time, stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. If you like a slightly glossier chocolate coating, stir in the butter or coconut oil at this point.
Dip the marzipan balls into the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off (you can use a dipping tool or tines of a fork) and then place them on the wax paper. Once all the marzipan balls are coated you can transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator where the chocolate will harden more quickly.
Once the chocolate has hardened follow the same procedure to melt the white chocolate. Use a spoon to drizzle stripes of white chocolate over the chocolate covered marzipan. Return the truffles to the fridge to let the white chocolate harden.
Makes about 20 truffles depending on size.