BEST Chicken Salad Recipe
Look no further, the flavor and texture of this chicken salad will have you coming back for more!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 8 servings for sandwiches
- 2 large boneless ,skinless chicken breasts cooked in lightly salted water then chilled in the fridge and diced, about 4 cups (for the best texture, avoid canned chicken)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups halved seedless red grapes
- 3 green onions ,chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (for a healthier choice use Avocado Oil Mayonnaise)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the diced chicken, celery, green onions and grapes in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
In a medium-sized bowl, add the remaining ingredients to make the sauce and stir to combine. Pour the mayo sauce over the chicken salad and stir to combine and thoroughly coat the salad.
Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
Serve on sandwiches, croissants or in wraps with some lettuce. For a low-carb option, serve on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomato and avocado.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 532mg | Potassium: 235mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 4.7mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.5mg