Sicilian-style Grilled Tuna Steaks
Enjoy the flavors of Sicily with these delicious grilled tuna steaks!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 tuna steaks ,about 6 ounces each and 1 inch thick (swordfish makes a great substitute)
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup sliced firm green olives (I used Lindsay Sicilian-style Olives)
- 1/4 cup capers ,drained (I used Lindsay)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Brush the tuna with some oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat the grill and brush the cooking grates with oil.
Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat and cook the garlic for a minute. Add the tomatoes and cook for another couple of minutes. Add the wine and bring to a rapid boil for two minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except for the parsley and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and remove from heat.
Sear the tuna steaks over high, direct heat for 1-2 minutes on each side. (For the best texture and to prevent becoming dried out tuna should be rare to medium rare on the inside.)
Serve the tuna steaks immediately topped with the sauce.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 872mg | Potassium: 589mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4490IU | Vitamin C: 18.4mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2.7mg