BEST Teriyaki Sauce
The best homemade teriyaki sauce recipe EVER! You'll never get store-bought again!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- see brown sugar alternative
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger ,minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic ,minced
- 1 tablespoon honey (Vegans: use agave nectar or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons mirin (see note)
- 1/4 cup water mixed with 3 teaspoons cornstarch
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Store in the fridge for up to a week. Makes about 1 1/4 cups teriyaki sauce.
Mirin is a sweet Japanese rice wine, similar to sake but with a lower alcohol content and higher sugar content. If you don't have mirin, you can use sherry with a pinch of sugar added to it.
NOTE: If using as a marinade omit the cornstarch.
Calories: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 26mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.3mg