Classic Fish Cakes
Pull up a chair and enjoy a serving of these flavorful fish cakes with homemade tartar sauce!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large potatoes (about 2 cups mashed), diced, boiled and drained
- 1 pound white-fleshed fish, COOKED (cod, haddock, pollock, halibut, flounder)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- panko breadcrumbs
- (Gluten-free use GF panko breadcrumbs)
- oil for frying
- Homemade Tartar Sauce
Place all ingredients, except for the breadcrumbs, in a large bowl and mash until thoroughly combined.Form the mixture into 8 equal patties and roll them in the panko breadcrumbs. Refrigerate the patties for at least 30 minutes or until they've firmed up.
Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and fry the patties on each side for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
Serve immediately with homemade tartar sauce
- To save time, cook the fish and potatoes in advance then mash the ingredients together when you're ready to make the fish cakes.
Serving: 2fish cakes | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 720mg | Potassium: 531mg | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 6.3mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 0.9mg