Perfect Creamy Coleslaw
This creamy coleslaw recipe provides the perfect balance of flavors and is just what you need for your barbecue, picnic or potluck!
Servings: 6 servings
- 16 ounces shredded cabbage/carrot blend (classic is green cabbage but you can add some red cabbage for color)
- For the Coleslaw Dressing:
- 1 cup quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl and sprinkle a teaspoon of salt over them. Toss to combine. Let this sit for at least an hour to draw out excess water. Rinse and drain.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour it over the cabbage mixture and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 564mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3.2% | Vitamin C: 33.5% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 3.2%