The words “sun”, “March”, and “Washington” aren’t terribly synonymous and all that beautiful sunshine we had this weekend was getting me in a tropical mood. So I pulled out my blender and enjoyed a yummy smoothie with my family. A coconut, mango, banana smoothie.
Coco-Ma-Nana Smoothies. Ohhhh, yeah!
Had Barry tried this smoothie before recording his 1978 classic, it might have gone something like this:
At the Copa (Co!) Copacabana (yeah!)
The hottest spot north of Havana (come!)
Drink a Coco (Co!) Coco-Ma-Nana
Smoothies and passion
are always the fashion
at the Copa…you’ll fall in love!
Sing it for me, Barry.
P.S. Be sure to connect with me on Facebook to join in on all the foodie fun and to get word of the latest recipes!
- 1 large very ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup ripe mango, cubed and frozen
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- 6 ice cubes, crushed (optional)
- Place all the ingredients except for the ice cubes in a blender and process until smooth. Add the crushed ice cubes, a bit at a time, and process for a few more seconds until the desired consistency is reached. Pour into two glasses and serve with a straw or spoon.
- For a less creamy smoothie substitute ½ cup orange juice for the yogurt.