Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad Enjoy your favorite pizza toppings in this pasta salad! Easy to assemble and made in advance, bring this to your next family picnic, BBQ, or potluck!
You just can’t have too many pasta salad recipes. They’re the perfect accompaniment to any BBQ, picnic or potluck so it’s always nice to have a variety to choose from. I had a chunk of mozzarella and some pepperoni left over from a pizza I made the other day and needed a pasta salad to take with me for an event and so I thought why not combine the two?
We’ve got cheese, pepperoni, bell peppers, tomatoes and onions folded with pasta and tossed with a homemade Italian dressing. It takes just minutes to prepare, is the perfect make-ahead salad, makes for a pretty and colorful presentation, and tastes delicious!
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad Recipe
Let’s get started!
Placed the cooked, drained and fully cooled pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add all the remaining pasta salad ingredients.
Prepare the vinaigrette by placing all the ingredients in a bowl or shaker and whisking/shaking until emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta salad and stir everything until combined and the pasta salad is coated with the vinaigrette.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving and then stir it again. Be sure to let the salad chill for at least 3 hours to give the flavors time to meld.
Serve chilled or at room temperature. A great make-ahead pasta salad, this will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
For more delicious pasta salads be sure to try our:
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad
- 1 pound pasta such as rotini, fusilli or penne , cooked al dente, drained and fully cooled
- or gluten free pasta
- 8 ounces diced mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces diced pepperoni
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives drained
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 4 green onions chopped
- For the Italian Dressing:
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic smashed and finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- *Note on the herbs: You can substitute the fresh herbs for 4 teaspoons total of dried Italian herbs though fresh is recommended
- Placed the pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add all the remaining pasta salad ingredients.Prepare the Italian dressing by placing all the ingredients in a bowl or shaker and whisking/shaking until emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta salad and stir everything until combined and the pasta salad is coated with the vinaigrette.Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving and then stir it again.
Originally published on The Daring Gourmet June 22, 2017
Susan Poolarea says
It looks so fresh! Can’t wait to make this!
Thanks for sharing this, Kimberly
Erin @ The Speckled Palate says
Now THIS pasta salad is really a treat! Loving the twist with pepperoni!
Nutmeg Nanny says
My kind of pasta salad! Love how you added pepperoni to it!
Cookin Canuck says
I agree that you can’t have too many pasta salads! This would be welcome at any backyard bbq or picnic.
Valerie | Valerie's Kitchen says
You just can’t go wrong with this list of ingredients! Perfect summer BBQ side!
Dorothy Reinhold says
I am always looking for new and different pasta salads to take to cookouts during the summer. This is a winner!
Delaney | Melanie Makes says
I love all the colors in this salad!
Meghan @ Cake 'n Knife says
Loving all the colors and flavors in this dish! I can’t wait to try this for a picnic.
Jenn - Peas and Crayons says
Such a colorful, refreshing salad loaded with tasty mix-ins! I’m in love with this pizza pasta salad!
So pretty! I love the color and I bet the taste is delish!