This dish is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
1) Mix the sauce together. 2) Pour over the chicken. 3) Cook the chicken and add the olives and capers towards the end. That’s it.
Prep time is silly minimal and the end result is simply wonderful. Super tender and moist chicken infused with the flavors of Greece and a touch of the exotic with those incredible preserved lemons. Don’t have any preserved lemons or don’t know what they are? No worries, I’ve got you covered! You MUST check my popular recipe for Homemade Preserved Lemons!
They will change your life.
Or at least the way you cook.
The second thing: You MUST check out my recipe for the Best Homemade Greek Seasoning Blend! That’s key to the flavor of this dish.
Let’s get started!
Pour it over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
Serve with some crusty bread or rice and/or a simple Greek salad consisting of chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, crumbled Feta cheese and Italian dressing.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 cup whole pitted kalamata olives, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup capers
- For the sauce:
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 entire batch Homemade Greek Seasoning Blend
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped Preserved Lemons
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside until ready to use.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the sauce over the chicken. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours. During the last hour of cooking add the olives and capers.
- Served with crusty bread or rice and/or a simple Greek salad consisting of chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, crumbled Feta cheese and Italian dressing.
Pin me for later!