As easy as these are to make these from scratch, why buy frozen? Plus these are packed full of herby flavor and beat any French fries out there. Bake them until they’re crispy brown and enjoy them plain or with your favorite dipping sauce. They’re the perfect side dish to just about anything and these herby roasted potato wedges will have you clamoring for seconds.
For a serving suggestion, try these potato wedges with some succulent Peach-crusted Pork Chops!
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Note: These are even better with fresh herbs. If you’re using fresh, triple the quantity of the herbs.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Scrub the potatoes clean. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 3-4 wedges, according to your size preference. Place the wedges in a bowl, add the olive oil and all remaining ingredients and toss multiple times to evenly coat the potato wedges.
- Spread the potato wedges onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy, turning them over on their other side with a spatula after 20 minutes. Serve immediately.