Everyone needs a good vinaigrette recipe on hand. This one is it. Robust enough to dress up a main dish salad, yet delicate enough to accentuate any accompanying flavors.
If you haven’t tried champagne vinegar before, you really need to. Preferred by many chefs, champagne vinegar adds a delightful “brightness” to a dish without tasting too vinegary. It’s a designer vinegar that will add pizzazz to the plainest of salads. Subtle, delicate, and refreshing, champagne vinegar is a wonderful choice for a vinaigrette dressing.
While this recipe calls for fresh parsley, tarragon and thyme, feel free to substitute with any herbs of your choice.
Check out this delicious salad packed full of flavor using this vinaigrette! Grilled Chicken and Roasted Cherry Tomato Salad with Herbed Champagne Dijon Vinaigrette!
Okay, let’s make that Herbed Champagne Dijon Vinaigrette!
Simply whisk together all the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a small bowl.
Gradually pour in the olive oil while continually whisking until emulsified.
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (Vegans: use agave nectar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk all ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a small bowl until combined. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.