Smoky, zesty, succulent and flavorful, if you’re looking for a quick and delicious weeknight meal I’ve got you covered! This Instant Pot Pork, Rice and Beans recipe comes together in minutes and is ready to serve in no time!
This recipe came about one afternoon as I was in a hurry and only had a short amount of time to throw something together for dinner. I opened my fridge, scanned my pantry shelves, and next thing I knew I was moving at lightning speed adding this and that into my Instant Pot. I set the pressure cooker to HIGH, let it do its thing while I wrapped up a few other chores, and within a few minutes our family was seated at the table with these Instant Pot Pork, Beans and Rice and a tossed salad. It was met with glowing feedback from my children and husband who have since requested this dish several times.
Quick, easy and delicious, this is a perfect meal to add your repertoire of busy weeknight recipes that will keep the whole family happy!
Instant Pot Pork, Rice and Beans Recipe
I’m using pork in this recipe but you can also use chicken or sliced sausage links. You can also use your choice of beans in place of the black beans. And if you like some “kick” feel free to add some cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
Let’s get started!
Set the Instant Pot to “Saute”, add the oil, and cook the pork until just beginning to brown. Add the onions and cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Add the beans, rice, diced tomatoes and seasonings.
Add the broth and stir to combine.
Cancel the “Saute” setting and set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on HIGH for 10 minutes followed by a quick release.
Add the lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Give the rice a stir and serve immediately.
A tossed salad, cornbread, coleslaw, freezer slaw, collard greens, or corn on the cob make great accompaniments.
Be sure to also try our BEST Instant Pot Chili!
Instant Pot Pork, Rice and Beans
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or boneless pork chops , cubed (can also use chicken or sliced sausage instead)
- 1 medium yellow onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 14 ounce can of black beans , rinsed and drain
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 14 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Set the Instant Pot to "Saute", add the oil, and cook the pork until just beginning to brown. Add the onions and cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the beans, rice, diced tomatoes, broth, and seasonings and stir to combine.Cancel the "Saute" setting and set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on HIGH for 10 minutes followed by a quick release. Stir in the lime juice and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately. A tossed salad, cornbread, coleslaw, freezer slaw, collard greens, or corn on the cob make great accompaniments.
Add your Response