You’ve never tasted a burger quite like this before! It’s your choice of meat and the incredibly flavorful combination of ingredients makes this a guaranteed winner!
You may already know that I have a slight obsession with Greek Gyros and Döner Kebabs. If you don’t already know that, well, I do. I love them. Madly. Passionately. And so it was just a matter of time before I transformed my love affair into a burger. But it’s not even just a “gyros” burger. It’s sooooo much more than that! Can you guess what flavors are packed into these juicy, succulent, burger patties? First off, you’ve got your choice of meat: Beef, pork, lamb, chicken, turkey. Then we’ve got garlic, red onions, fresh parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, my special Greek seasoning, and crumbled feta cheese. Then they’re topped with tomatoes, red onions, my special tzatziki sauce, and extra crumbled feta cheese. And all that sitting on a bed of fresh, zesty arugula leaves. Can you imagine the burst of flavors you’ll get when you bite into one of these?
If you’re salivating like I am, then waste no more time – let’s get started!
These burgers utilize two Daring Gourmet favorites: Homemade Tzatziki Sauce and Greek Seasoning. Both of these can be made well ahead of time.
First, prepare your Homemade Tzatziki Sauce so it can sit in the fridge for a while to let the flavors meld.
Okay, now let’s get to the rest of the burgers!
Get all of the ingredients chopped, diced and minced.
Combine the meat, red onion, parsley, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, feta cheese and Greek seasoning in a mixing bowl.
Use your hands to thoroughly combine the mixture.
Form the mixture into equal-sized patties.
Cook the patties on a grill on pan fry over medium-high heat, about 2-3 minutes on each side or according to desired doneness (is using poultry or pork, make sure it’s thoroughly cooked through).
Arrange some arugula on the bottoms of each hamburger bun. Place the patties on top.
And spoon some tzatziki sauce and some crumbled feta on top.
Add the top hamburger buns and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground meat (your choice: beef, pork, lamb, chicken or turkey)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2½ tablespoons Homemade Greek Seasoning
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- ½ cup Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
- Extra crumbled feta cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Combine the meat, red onion, parsley, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, feta cheese and Greek seasoning in a mixing bowl. Work with your fingers until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Form into 4 patties. Grill or pan fry over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or according to desired doneness (is using poultry or pork, make sure it's thoroughly cooked through).
- Arrange some arugula leaves on the bottoms of each hamburger bun and place the patties on top. Top with tomatoes, red onions, tzatiki sauce, and crumbled feta cheese. Place the top bun on each burger and serve immediately with extra tzatziki sauce.