This Asian Style Grilled Fish Tacos recipe comes together in just 30 minutes! These fish tacos are fresh, healthy and utterly delicious!
Thank you to NAKANO for sponsoring this post.
Our Summer here has been a hot one! It’s been a record low for rain with a grueling consistent 85-95 degree weather. But it sure has done absolute wonders for our garden!
In addition to those beauties below, we’ve got beets, kohlrabi, collard greens, carrots, green beans, black eyed peas, crookneck squash, radishes, 10 different tomato varieties, sweet corn, acorn squash, spaghetti squash (42 of them, yikes!), pumpkins, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, celery, watermelons, cantaloupes, and more!
Summer with its abundance of fresh fruits and veggies provides plenty of excuses to stay healthy during the hot months.
Summer isn’t over folks, so let’s celebrate! Here are a few tips for a healthier Summer by registered nutritionist Dawn Jackson Blatner along with her simple and tasty recipe for Asian-style Grilled Fish Tacos.
Healthy Summer Eating Tips
1. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and keep skin looking its best. Plus, hydration is a secret weapon for staying focused and energized.
2. (If you’re a tea drinker) Drink green tea rather than sweet tea. Sweet tea has a lot of sugar and calories, which is the last thing you want weighing you down in the summer. Instead, drink unsweetened green tea which is full of healthy compounds, like catechins, that give your metabolism a boost.
3. Make smoothie pops. Drinking smoothies is all the rage, but in the summer, freeze your favorite fruit and veggie smoothies into popsicles for a wholesome and refreshing treat.
4. Snack smarter. Keep cut-up seasonal vegetables such as cucumbers, bell peppers, zucchini and carrots in resealable containers for easy grab and go snacking. Splash on NAKANO Rice Vinegar to all of your veggies for a super flavor boost.
5. Stay balanced. Fill your plate with half veggies, a quarter lean protein and a quarter of whole grains for a balanced meal. This will keep energy levels up so you can enjoy more summer fun.
6. Grill fruit for dessert. When your sweet tooth needs a treat, grill seasonal fruits like peaches, plums and pineapple for dessert. The heat of the grill brings out even more of fruit’s natural sweetness.
7. Enjoy light, but flavorful meals. Like today’s recipe for Asian-style Grilled Fish Tacos.
This healthy Summer recipe showcases fish and a vibrant array of veggies, all brought together with a flavorful vinaigrette featuring NAKANO rice vinegar!
Asian Style Grilled Fish Tacos Recipe
When it’s hot outside spending a lot of time over the stovetop or in front of a hot oven isn’t fun. These tacos require just a brief grilling time for the fish and prep time is minimal. Just chop the veggies and grill the fish and whisk together delicious vinaigrette with the help of NAKANO’s all-natural rice vinegar.
Note: If you don’t have an outdoor grill you can grill the fish in the oven.
To assemble the tacos, pile the fish on the taco shells with some slaw and avocado and serve with some extra slaw on the side. That’s it, a very simple, tasty and healthy Summer meal. Serve these Asian Style Grilled Fish Tacos as part of a main course or as an appetizer.
For more favorite fish dishes be sure to try our:
- Fish Cakes
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Honey Orange Glazed Salmon
- Grilled Salmon with Peach Salsa
- Smoked Salmon Spread
- Pecan Crusted Salmon with Bacon Fat Maple Glaze
- Salmon with Cranberry Ginger Mustard Sauce
- Salmon Risotto with Preserved Lemon
- Fish and Chips
Asian Style Grilled Fish Tacos
- For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- For the Slaw:
- 3 cups shredded cabbage , purple and/or Napa
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- For the Tacos:
- 8 corn tortillas , warmed
- 12 ounces white fish, lightly salted and grilled (on barbecue or in the oven)
- 1 avocado , sliced
- To grill the fish: Heat the grill to medium-high. Be sure the grates are clean and well-oiled or the fish will stick. Place the fish on the hot grill and grill on each side for 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. The internal temperature of the fish should register between 130-135°F. Let the fish rest for a couple of minutes. Alternately, cook the fish in the oven: Preheat to 450 F, place fish on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness.
- To make the dressing: Whisk the rice vinegar, tamari, honey and sesame oil together in a large bowl. Add the shredded cabbage, carrots, green onions, radish, cilantro and toss to coat.
- To serve, top the warm tortillas with fish, slaw and slices of avocado. Serve immediately with some extra slaw on the side.
Disclosure: Thank you to NAKANO for sponsoring this post. Recipe and photos by Dawn Jackson Blatner used with permission.
Originally published on The Daring Gourmet August 25, 2015