Add a touch of class and elegance to your next dinner party or gathering with this scrumptious Smoked Salmon Spread! This makes a fabulous appetizer, hors d’oeuvres, or even just a special snack to enjoy by ourself. This Smoked Salmon Spread recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and keeps for several days in the fridge. And did I mention it’s 100% more delicious than any salmon spread you’ll ever buy at the store?
If you want to impress to your guests, look no further than this Smoked Salmon Spread. Luxuriously creamy, irresistibly flavorful, and wonderfully elegant, the flavors in this spread combine to create a truly memorable treat. And for such a classy dish, the prep work just doesn’t get any simpler AND it can be made well in advance!
How to Serve Smoked Salmon Spread
Whether as an appetizer, hors d’oeuvres, or casual snack, there are numerous ways you can serve this delicious spread. Here are a few ideas:
- Serve this as a spread on bread items such as pumpernickel, rye, baguette slices, crostini, pita bread, pita chips, melba toast, bagel chips, and crackers. Add some thinly sliced red onion, fresh dill, minced chives, or capers as garnish.
- For a lighter option serve it as a spread on cucumber slices.
- Serve it as a dip with vegetables like bell pepper strips and carrot sticks.
- Use this as a filling for mini sweet peppers or cucumber cups for an elegant handheld appetizer.
- Use it as a filling for sandwiches or wraps paired with lettuce, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.
- For an elegant deviled egg variation, mix this spread with the mashed egg yolks. Pipe the mixture into the egg whites and garnish with a small piece of smoked salmon, a tiny sprig of dill or some minced chives, and a sprinkle of paprika.
Smoked Salmon Spread Recipe
For the best flavor and texture I recommend using full fat cream cheese and sour cream.
- Process the cream cheese and sour cream in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the salmon and process until mostly smooth.
- Add the smoked salmon and pulse until only slightly chunky or until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add salt, pepper, hot sauce, and lemon juice to taste. Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
This smoked salmon dip makes about 2 cups and will serve at least 8. Kept in the fridge it will keep for 4-5 days.
For more elegant appetizers and hors d’ouevres be sure to try our:
- Pistachio Lemon Cheese Balls
- Black Olive Tapenade
- Pork Rillettes
- Havarti Dill Corn Cakes
- Chanterelle and Goat Cheese Crostini
Smoked Salmon Spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions/scallions or chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (start with 1 tablespoon and add more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons capers , drained
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- hot sauce or cayenne , to taste
- 8 ounces smoked salmon , flaked
- Process the cream cheese and sour cream in a food processor until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients except for the salmon and process until mostly smooth. Add the smoked salmon and pulse until only slightly chunky or until desired consistency is reached. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add salt, pepper, hot sauce, and lemon juice to taste. Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving. Makes about 2 cups. Will keep for 4-5 days.