Soft, chewy and slightly crispy on the outside, these Coconut Butterscotch Cookies are simply irresistible! Make a double batch while you’re at it because these cookies freeze well!
Coconut Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
Butterscotch has a distinct flavor that is characterized by its rich, buttery, and caramel-like taste. Combine that with the tropical, nutty taste of coconut and you’ve got a flavor match made in heaven.
These Coconut Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies are soft and chewy, with a slightly crispy exterior. When they’re baked, the butterscotch chips melt and create pockets of gooey sweetness throughout the cookie. The shredded coconut adds a pleasant chewiness and a touch of tropical flavor. The combination of butterscotch and coconut creates a delicious balance of sweetness and subtle nuttiness. If you like you can also add some chocolate chips.
This Coconut Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies recipe is easy to make, you can double or triple it, and these cookies also freeze well.
These delightful and indulgent cookies pair oh so beautifully with a glass of milk. Sit back and enjoy!
For more delicious cookie recipes be sure to try our:
- Mexican Turtle Cookies
- Coconut Sunflower Seed Cookies
- Whole Grain Molasses Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
- ANZAC Biscuits
- White Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Coconut Butterscotch Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a small bowl.In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer on high speed until pale yellow and fluffy. Add the white and brown sugars and continue beating until the grittiness is gone when the mixture is rubbed between your finger and thumb. Add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until blended.Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and, using a wooden spoon, stir until just blended. Do not over-stir. Add the coconut and butterscotch chips, stirring just until blended.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, drop the dough onto a lined or non-stick baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool briefly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
Originally published on The Daring Gourmet January 8, 2013
Adapted from Marie Simmons’ “Butterscotch Coconut Cookies”.