Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe Made with just 3 ingredients, these cookies are wonderfully chewy, deliciously flavorful, AND you can enjoy them without all the guilt! Paleo and gluten free.
Wouldn’t it be nice if all delicious recipes were this easy?
Yep, that’s it: Only 3 ingredients and about 5 minutes of prep time. The oven does the rest and soon you’ll be biting into some perfectly chewy, delicious and healthy peanut butter cookies. These cookies also happen to be naturally gluten-free and paleo. And if you want to veganize them, simply substitute flax eggs.
These cookies are made with natural peanut butter, meaning there are no hydrogenated oils and no sugar – just 100% peanuts. We’re also using coconut sugar instead of refined sugar but you can use any sugar substitute of your choice as long as it’s one that can be substituted 1:1.
My family loves these cookies and I’m confident they’re going to be a hit in your home also!
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Let’s get started!
As I said, these are as easy as 1, 2, 3. Just three ingredients: Natural peanut butter, coconut sugar and one egg.
A word about coconut sugar: The one I’m using is Coconut Sugar from Big Tree Farms, which is a good value. It’s very dark in color with a deep caramelized flavor. There are some slightly lighter varieties out there as well and which one you use will impact the color of the finished cookie as well as the depth of flavor. Use whichever one you prefer.
Place the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl (or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment) and beat until the cookie dough comes together.
Use a spoon or cookie scoop to place 1-inch or bigger balls of batter onto a lined or non-stick cookie sheet. Use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern onto the top of the cookies.
In an oven preheated to 350 degrees F, bake the cookies for about 12 minutes. Let them sit for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
For some more healthier baked goods be sure to try our:
- Healthy Molasses Cookies
- Whole Grain Zucchini Muffins (GF)
- Lemon Millet Fig Cake
- Whole Grain Almond Fruit Bars
- Healthy Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Almond Quinoa Cake
- Honey Olive Oil Quinoa Cake
- Chocolate Deception Cake
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies (3 Ingredients)
- 1 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter smooth or chunky (be sure to stir it well before scooping it out)
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 large egg vegans: substitute flax egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and beat until the cookie dough comes together.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to place 1-inch or larger balls of dough onto a lined or non-stick cookie sheet. Use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern onto the top of the cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies sit for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
First published on The Daring Gourmet May 5, 2017