Dill has always been one of my favorite herbs. I’ve had success in growing nearly all of my culinary herbs from seed and planting them in my herb garden, but dill has been a challenge. I’ve been trying to grow it for the past three years and just haven’t had much luck. I mean, it will grow just fine, but the plant ends up shooting straight up without filling out, even though I try to prune it to encourage growth. I’m giving it another go this year and will be turning to some gardening literature on how to properly grow dill. I’m crossing my fingers I have more success this time!
Dill pairs beautifully with lemon and mustard – the flavor combination in today’s dressing – and this marriage of flavors goes wonderfully with a variety of foods including salads, chicken, pork and seafood.
Try tossing this dressing on a leafy green salad, pasta salad, drizzling it over grilled fish or chicken, or serving it with steamed vegetables or boiled potatoes. Versatile and delicious, this Lemon Dill Mustard Dressing takes all of 5 minutes to whip up.
Let’s get started!
Add all the ingredient, except for the oil, in a bowl and whisk until combined. Gradually drizzle in the oil while whisking constantly until the dressing is emulsified.
Store the dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Lemon Dill Mustard Dressing
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or use a neutral-tasting oil if you prefer
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 2 medium lemons
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar (paleo: use sweetener of choice, e.g. Swerve or stevia)
- Place all ingredients except for the oil in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually drizzle in the oil while continually whisking until the mixture is emulsified. Add salt to taste. Keep refrigerated.