This homemade Creamy French Dressing recipe whips up in just 5 minutes, is WAY better than store-bought, and is a guaranteed winner!
Homemade dressings are the best! Not only because they taste MUCH better than their store-bought counterparts, but because they don’t have all the junk ingredients that you find in most of the store-bought dressings. French Dressing is one of many examples of dressings that taste so much better homemade. And there’s really no excuse not to make your own because it’s super easy and takes all of 5 minutes!
The two most popular versions of French dressing are Catalina French Dressing (which is bright red and not creamy) and what is simply called French Dressing, which is pale orange and creamy. Today we’re going to make the creamiest, most flavorful and superbly delicious homemade Creamy French Dressing!
There really is no excuse not to make your own dressing because it uses ingredients that you likely already have on hand and it takes all of 5 minutes to make! Luxuriously creamy and flavorful, this dressing will take your chef salads and side salads to a new level!
If you’re looking for a lower calorie version, simply use low fat mayonnaise and substitute the sugar with your favorite granulated alternative sweetener, for example Swerve Granular Sweetener.
This dressing is not only great on salads but also makes a delicious dip for your veggies. You can even drizzle on your baked potatoes or mix some of it into your pasta salad.
French Dressing Recipe
Let’s get started!
Place the mayonnaise, ketchup, oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a blender. Puree until you have a smooth dressing. Presto, your dressing is done!
Transfer it to an airtight container and chill for at least 2 hours before serving, preferably longer so the flavors have time to develop.
This recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups. This dressing will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Be sure to also try our recipes for the BEST homemade:
- Ranch Dressing
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Russian Dressing
- Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Italian Dressing
- Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- Asian Salad Dressing
- Lemon Dill Mustard Dressing
Creamy French Dressing
- 1/2 cup quality mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup neutral tasting oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and add more vinegar if you want it tangier, or more sugar if you want it sweeter. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Will keep up to 2 weeks. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- For a low calorie version, use low fat mayonnaise and substitute something like Swerve Granular Sweetener for the sugar.