This Creamy Cilantro Dressing recipe is just what you need to liven up your leafy green salads! But it also doubles as a sauce and is absolutely fabulous on everything from tacos, burritos, sandwiches, and wraps, to roasted vegetables, grilled meats and even fries!
One problem with store-bought dressings (aside from being packed full of preservatives, additives, and unhealthy oils) is they sorely lack freshness. If you’ve made homemade dressing before you know exactly what I’m talking about. Store-bought can just never replicate the freshness and flavor of homemade dressings.
This Creamy Cilantro Dressing positively bursts with freshness! It packs in a full cup of fresh cilantro along with your choice of lemon or lime juice, olive oil, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic and honey. It’s simply delish!
How to Use Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Doubling as both a dressing and a sauce, it is deliciously versatile. Drizzle it over your green salads, roasted vegetables, tacos, nachos, use it sandwiches, in wraps, burritos, quesadillas, serve it with grilled meats and seafood, or use it as a dip for vegetables and fries!
It’s super quick and easy to make and you’ll be glad to have a jar of this on hand in the fridge.
Creamy Cilantro Dressing Recipe
Let’s get started!
Making this dressing couldn’t be simpler. Place the olive oil, garlic, lemon or lime juice, honey, salt, and cilantro in the food processor and blend until smooth.
Add the sour cream and mayonnaise and continue to pulse until fully incorporated.
Add salt to taste.
Pour the dressing into a jar, seal the lid, and chill for at least 2 hours before using, preferably longer.
Stored in an airtight jar in the fridge this dressing will keep for up to a week.
For more delicious homemade dressings be sure to try our:
- Ranch Dressing
- Italian Dressing
- French Dressing
- Asian Salad Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
- Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- Lemon Dill Mustard Dressing
Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the cilantro, olive oil, lemon or lime juice, garlic, honey and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the sour cream and mayonnaise and blend until incorporated.Pour the sauce into a glass jar, screw on the lid, and chill for at least 2 hours before serving, preferably longer. Stored in an airtight jar in the fridge it will keep for up to a week.Makes about 1 1/2 cups.