The perfect balance of flavors, get ready to whip up the BEST, most flavorful homemade Italian dressing recipe in less than 5 minutes! Perfect on green salads, pasta salads or as a marinade!
Nothing beats the taste of good homemade Italian dressing! The flavors are fresh, vibrant and simply wonderful. And the flavor only gets better with time so it’s the perfect make-ahead dressing.
Not only does it taste WAY better than store-bought, making your own Italian dressing has additional benefits. Virtually ALL store-bought dressings are made with yucky oils and junk ingredients including additives, preservatives, flavor enhancers and other undesirable ingredients that are better off left on the shelf. As easy as it is to make it yourself, there’s just no good reason to use store-bought!
With this recipe you get an Italian dressing that not only tastes fabulous but is healthy and takes just 5 minutes to whip up! It’s a total win-win!
How to Use Italian Dressing
Besides its classic use for tossed salads, this dressing has a ton of tasty uses – your imagination is the limit!
Use this dressing for:
- Pasta salads
- Leafy green salads
- Marinated olives
- As a marinade for chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, fish and kabobs
- and any other way your creativity dictates!
How Long Does Italian Dressing Last?
Keep it in an airtight jar in the fridge where it will keep for up to two weeks. The flavor of this dressing improves over time as the oils are released from the herbs and the flavors have time to meld.
Italian Dressing Recipe
Let’s get started!
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds. Flecks of Parmesan cheese will remain.
Pour into a jar or dressing dispenser and store in the refrigerator where it will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Be sure to try these other delicious homemade dressings:
- Ranch Dressing
- Asian Salad Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Russian Dressing
- Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
- French Dressing
- Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- Lemon Dill Mustard Dressing
Best Italian Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey (vegans: use liquid sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/16 teaspoon celery seeds
- Place everything in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds (small of flecks of Parmesan will remain). Pour into a jar or dressing dispenser and refrigerate. Chill for at least 4 hours before using. Will keep for up to 2 weeks.The flavor of this dressing improves over time as the oils are released from the herbs and the flavors have time to meld.