Get ready to whip up the best homemade Italian dressing in just 5 minutes!
Nothing beats the taste of good homemade Italian dressing!
And superior taste aside, making your own has additional benefits. Virtually ALL store-bought Italian dressings are made with either soybean/vegetable oil (bad news) or canola oil (not much better) (see our comprehensive guide to cooking oils). And then of course there usually additional ingredients, additives, preservatives that are better left on the shelf.
With this recipe you get an Italian dressing that tastes fabulous, is healthy and takes just 5 minutes to whip up!
Tasty Uses for Italian Dressing
Besides its classic use for tossed salads, Italian dressing has a ton of tasty uses – your imagination is the limit!
Use Italian dressing for pasta salads, as a marinade for chicken, beef, pork, shrimp and fish, on burgers, shish kebabs, vegetables, salads, fish tacos, sandwiches, wraps, marinated olives, a variety of antipasto selections, and more!
Let’s get started!
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds. Flecks of Parmesan cheese will remain.
Pour into a jar or dressing dispenser and store in the refrigerator. Will keep for a couple of weeks.
Best Homemade Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey (vegans: use liquid sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/16 teaspoon celery seeds
- Place everything in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds (small of flecks of Parmesan will remain). Pour into a jar or dressing dispenser and refrigerate. Chill for at least 4 hours before using. Will keep for up to 2 weeks.