Roasted spiralized beets are tossed in a delicious honey mustard vinaigrette. Fabulous warm or at room temperature, these beets noodles are super healthy, easy to make and taste phenomenal!
You can never have too many side dishes, especially when they provide a delicious way to incorporate those healthy veggies. These roasted spiralized beets fit the bill beautifully. Simply, quick and classy, it’s a healthy and delicious side dish or salad that you and your guests will love!
Are Beets Healthy For You?
You’d better believe it! Beets are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins and minerals. On top of that some studies have shown beets to help support brain health, improve digestive health, help fight inflammation, help lower blood pressure, and improve athletic performance (beets improve the efficiency of mitochondria which produce energy in your cells).
So there’s a lot of good reasons to incorporate beets into your diet!
I love beets and grow lots of them every spring and fall. Below are some beets from my garden. So pretty!
Do I Have to Use a Spiralizer?
No. Beet noodles look especially pretty but you don’t have to use a spiralizer. Instead you can slice the beets into think strips or however you prefer. Just adjust roasting time according to the thickness of the beets.
Do I Have to Roast the Spiralized Beets?
No. If you prefer to enjoy the beets as a crunchy fresh salad (which I also love), simply toss the beet noodles with the vinaigrette and enjoy. For salads I prefer to chop up the beet noodles a bit so you don’t get as long of strands, but that’s just personal preference.
Which Spiralizer Do You Recommend?
There are quite a few spiralizers on the market to choose from and it can be difficult to figure out which ones are best. We use and recommend the Paderno World Spiralizer (they make several different models). It was also ranked the top choice by America’s Test Kitchen.
Be sure to also try our deliciousHomemade Pickled Beets!
Roasted Spiralized Beets Recipe
Let’s get started!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice the beets using a spiralizer. We use and recommend the Paderno World Spiralizer.
Make the vinaigrette: Place the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
Spread the beets out on a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
Roast the beets for 10-13 minutes or until the beets are soft.
Place the beets in a large bowl and pour over the vinaigrette. Stir to evenly coat the beets.
Serve immediately while warm or serve at room temperature.
For more delicious vegetable side dishes be sure to try our:
- Au Gratin Potatoes
- Zucchini Au Gratin
- Creamed Spinach
- Roasted Rutabaga
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction
- German Green Bean Salad
- Greek Grilled Asparagus Salad
- Creamy German Cucumber Salad
- German Cucumber Salad
- Baked Endives with Ham and Bechamel
- Mashed Potatoes with Parsnips
- ULTIMATE Green Bean Casserole
- Chilled Asparagus with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Gomen (Ethiopian Collard Greens)
Roasted Spiralized Beets with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 large beets , washed and peeled (peeling is optional; it looks nicer peeled but the peel also has a lot of nutrition)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Make the vinaigrette: Place the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified. Slice the beets using a spiralizer. We use and recommend the Paderno World Spiralizer. Spread the beets out on a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast the beets for 10-13 minutes or until the beets are soft.
- Place the beets in a large bowl and pour over the vinaigrette. Stir to evenly coat the beets. Serve immediately while warm or serve at room temperature.
Originally published on The Daring Gourmet September 5, 2019