This Roasted Rutabaga recipe is easy to make and is absolutely flavor-packed! Pair it with your choice of meat or poultry as a super healthy and delicious side dish you can enjoy any time of the year!
I grow rutabagas in my garden every year. A perfect cold weather crop, they overwinter beautifully, their flavor becomes sweeter with the frost, and they store really well.
Rutabagas, also known as swedes, a very healthy vegetable known for their high antioxidant content. They’re also relatively low in calories, high in fiber, and are a rich source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins C and E.
They’re eaten all around the world in a variety of ways: in soups, stews, boiled, mashed, pureed, and roasted.
Today we’re going to make roasted rutabaga. With honey or maple syrup, Dijon mustard, sweet paprika, smoked paprika, garlic, onion, and rosemary, these oven roasted rutabagas are packed with flavor and make a wonderfully delicious and healthy side dish!
These honey roasted rutabagas, or maple roasted rutabagas (depending on which you choose), pair perfectly with your choice of meat or poultry and are delicious any time of the year!
Roasted Rutabaga Recipe
Let’s get started!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel the rutabaga and dice it into 3/4 inch cubes. Place the diced rutabaga in a large mixing bowl.
Prepare the dressing:
Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
Pour the dressing over the rutabaga and stir until evenly coated.
Pour the rutabagas out in a single layer onto a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes. Use a spatula to turn them over and then bake for another 25-30 minutes or until soft inside and starting to brown on the edges.
For more delicious side dishes be sure to try our:
- ULTIMATE Green Bean Casserole
- Zucchini Au Gratin
- Cauliflower Gratin
- PERFECT Au Gratin Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes with Parsnips and Horseradish
- Baked Endives with Ham and Bechamel
- Waldorf Salad
- Rotkohl (German Braised Red Cabbage)
- Old Fashioned Baked Beans
- Loaded Colcannon
- Ultimate Corn Pudding
- Pea Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- 2 pounds rutabagas (aka swedes) , peeled and diced into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.Prepare the dressing: Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Pour the dressing over the diced rutabaga in a large mixing bowl and stir until evenly coated. Pour the rutabagas out in a single layer onto a lined baking sheet.Bake for 20 minutes. Use a spatula to turn them over and then bake for another 25-30 minutes or until soft inside and starting to brown on the edges.Serve immediately.
Add your Response