The flavors in this colorful salad are out of this world and it’s bound to be a hit at your next gathering!
Here is a delicious new salad you can try out at your next picnic, potluck, BBQ or family dinner. With its vibrant array of colors, textures and flavors, it’s bound to be a hit!
This recipe calls for quinoa, an extraordinarily healthy grain, but you can also substitute any other grain of your choice. Likewise the peanut dressing used in this recipe can be used for a variety of other applications including a dipping sauce, a sauce for grilled and baked chicken and pork and for other salads.
To make it in advance, prep the veggies and peanut dressing in advance, cook and refrigerate the quinoa, and then simply toss everything together just before serving. Ready in a snap!
Let’s get started!
Add all the chopped veggies and herbs to a large bowl and toss to combine.
Add the cooked, chilled quinoa and stir to combine.
Add all the peanut dressing ingredients in a bowl or blender and puree until the sauce is smooth.
Pour the peanut dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Thai Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced
- For the Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon honey (vegan: use liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoons finely minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional) (vegan: omit)
- 2-3 tablespoons hot water or more if you want a thinner dressing
- Place the veggies and herbs in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the chilled cooked quinoa and stir to combine.
- Add the peanut dressing ingredients to a blender (or bowl and use immersion blender) and puree until smooth.
- Pour the peanut dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Serve immediately.