The flavors in this Thai Quinoa Salad recipe are out of this world! Vibrant colors, crunchy textures, and a fabulous peanut dressing come together to create a healthy, delicious, and visually pretty salad that is guaranteed to be a hit at your next dinner gathering!
Here is a healthy and delicious salad you can proudly serve at your next picnic, potluck, BBQ or family dinner. It features an array of vibrant colors, crunchy textures and is tossed with a fabulous peanut dressing. It’s sure to be a hit!
This recipe calls for quinoa, an extraordinarily healthy grain, but you can also substitute any other grain of your choice. Likewise the peanut dressing used in this recipe can be used for a variety of other applications including a dipping sauce, a sauce for grilled and baked chicken and pork and for other salads.
This salad is naturally gluten free and vegan (simply swap out the honey for a liquid sweetener like agave) and is high in protein and vitamins.
Can Thai Quinoa Salad Be Made In Advance?
Yes! Simply prep the veggies and peanut dressing ahead of time, cook and refrigerate the quinoa, and then toss everything together just before serving. It’s ready in a snap!
Thai Quinoa Salad Recipe
Let’s get started!
Add all the chopped veggies and herbs to a large bowl and toss to combine.
Add the cooked, chilled quinoa and stir to combine. Make sure the quinoa is thoroughly chilled through to prevent it from becoming mushy.
Add all the peanut dressing ingredients in a bowl or blender and puree until the sauce is smooth. This time I placed everything in a bowl and used an immersion blender.
Pour the peanut dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Refrigerate any leftovers and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
For more delicious salads be sure to try our:
Thai Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked) , thoroughly chilled (careful not to overcook to avoid it from being mushy)
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced
- For the Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter (smooth or chunky, your choice)
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce (for gluten free use tamari)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon honey (vegan: use liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoons finely minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional) (vegan: omit)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemongrass paste (optional but fabulous)
- 2-3 tablespoons hot water (add more if you want a thinner dressing)
- Place the veggies and herbs in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the chilled cooked quinoa and stir to combine.
- Add the peanut dressing ingredients to a blender (or bowl and use immersion blender) and puree until smooth.
- Pour the peanut dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Originally published on The Daring Gourmet on June 30, 2018
This was delicious and so easy to make! !
I was looking for a quinoa recipe.
I love a good quinoa salad! I have to make this!
I Heart Naptime says
Yum, looks delicious!
Quinoa is becoming one of my favorite ingredients. It has so much protein. The best part is that it lets the other ingredients shine through!
Loving all the delicious flavors in this salad! Perfect for a picnic!
This is so pretty, it reminds me of sitting outside a small restaurant in Province eating a salad. When asking for a salad the man nodded saying “I fix” we never knew exactly what we would get but they were always delicious & so different. Thank you for giving this memory for today.
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet says
Thanks for sharing that, Barbara, and Happy 4th!
Allyson Zea says
I love quinoa! Can’t wait to try this out!
Delicious! I love how colorful this dish is!
Dorothy at Shockinglydelish says
All of those beautiful veggies make this dish! This is going on our menu this week.
Delaney | Melanie Makes says
I would love to eat this right now!
This quinoa salad is right up my alley! Sounds so tasty!
This looks fabulous! So pretty and such delicious flavors!
Paula - bell'alimento says
I’ve been eating a lot more quinoa in salads lately. This looks incredible.
Jacque Hastert says
This salad sounds fantastic! All the flavors combine together sound amazing!