Several years ago I spent some time trying to develop the perfect all-purpose Greek seasoning, experimenting with ingredients and ratios. I finally cracked it at that time. And now I’m going to unleash that secret and share it with you!
This is an excellent blend to use in any recipe that calls for Greek seasoning, or as an all-purpose spice blend. You’re gonna to love it!
This blend is what’s used in these absolutely fabulous Greek Gyros, which you are guaranteed to love!
Combine all the spices and grind them to a fine powder in a spice or coffee grinder.
Store the Greek Seasoning Blend in an airtight jar until ready to use.
- 1½ tablespoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper (note: freshly ground black pepper is less volume than non-freshly ground, if using non-freshly ground use half the amount)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1½ tablespoons sweet paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all the spices and grind them to a fine powder in a spice or coffee grinder. Store in an airtight jar until ready to use.