Salmon is one of those things that you can spend just a few minutes of time preparing and it looks and tastes totally gourmet. Here is a simple recipe that you will earmark for frequent use. Serve the salmon with some steamed vegetables and some garlic-mashed potatoes, serve it up restaurant-style, and you will have your dinner guests singing the praises of your master culinary skills. (And no need to tell them prep time was only 5 minutes!)
P.S. Be sure to connect with me on Facebook to join in on all the foodie fun and to get word of the latest recipes!
- 4 (4-6 oz) salmon fillets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided in 4 equal pieces.
- Combine the garlic, dill, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Lay the salmon fillets in a glass baking dish and pour the marinade over the salmon. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour (preferably several), turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place each salmon fillet in aluminum foil, pour over some of the marinade, and place a piece of butter on top of each fillet before sealing the aluminum foil. Place sealed salmon fillets in a baking dish to prevent spillage, and bake 30-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets, until the salmon is easily flaked with a fork.
- Serve immediately with steamed vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes and rice.