Look no further for the BEST Big Mac Sauce recipe! Wonderfully creamy with the perfect balance of sweet tanginess, this world famous sauce is perfect slathered on your burgers or used for dipping fries, onions rings and much more!
What is Big Mac Sauce?
With roughly 34,000 restaurants serving nearly 70 million people every day in 118 countries, McDonald’s has certainly made its mark on the world. And no item on its menu is more iconic than the Big Mac that comes slathered with their popular “special sauce,” a sauce made with mayonnaise, pickles, onions, mustard and spices.
Unfortunately the commercially available stuff is packed to the brim with junk ingredients that are as difficult to pronounce as they are to digest. But now you can make your own Big Mac Sauce without the junk ingredients and chances are you already have everything you need in your pantry!
How to use Big Mac Sauce:
Beyond its classic application you can use this versatile sauce in many other ways. Here are just a few ideas:
- Slathered hamburgers and hot dogs
- Use as a sandwich spread
- Add it to your pasta and potato salads
- Drizzle it over your lettuce wraps
- Heap it onto your baked potatoes
- Use it as a salad dressing
- Serve it as a dipping sauce for your French fries, potato wedges, onions rings and veggies
How to Make Big Mac Sauce
Making your own homemade Big Mac Sauce couldn’t be any simpler. There’s no cooking required, there’s virtually no prep work, and the only chopping or slicing involved is simply mincing a bit of onion. All you have to do is add all the ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine, and that’s it!
This homemade Big Mac Sauce keeps for up to 2 weeks in the fridge so you can have it on hand whenever that McDonald’s Special Sauce craving comes a-calling!
Big Mac Sauce Recipe
Let’s get started!
Big Mac Sauce contains only a few ingredients: Mayonnaise, pickle relish, onion, mustard, white vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and paprika. Optional: For some added flavor I also like to add some ketchup. For another delicious, smoky flavor variation you can add some barbecue sauce.
To make this sauce simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, preferably overnight to allow the flavors enough time to meld.
Store your sauce covered in the fridge where it will keep for up to 2 weeks. Give it a shake before serving.
For more delicious homemade condiment recipes be sure to try our:
- Ultimate BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Tartar Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Black Bean Sauce
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Curry Ketchup
- Kecap Manis
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
Big Mac Sauce (Copycat)
- 1/2 cup quality mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish (you can also use sweet pickle relish and omit the granulated sugar)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoons natural ketchup or barbecue sauce , optional for a different flavor variation
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Place all of the ingredients in bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Shake or stir before serving. Will keep for up to 2 weeks. Makes approximately 3/4 cup of sauce.
Originally published on The Daring Gourmet June 9, 2020